Pack up the running shoes for your winter vacation in Destin and lace up for the annual Bayou, Bay and Beach half marathon, 10K and 5K event on January 23, 2016.
Need a place to stay during the Rosemary Uncorked Wine Event? Just want to walk on over this year and not worry about driving?? Tickets are on sale Memorial Day 2015. You need a place to stay??? Contact Oceanside Beach Rentals!
Sponsored by the Merchants of Rosemary Beach
November 8 & 9, 2014 10:00am – 4:00pm each day Rosemary Beach, FL
Free and open to the public Some activities require $1 tickets
One of South Walton’s most popular fall events, the annual Flutterby Festival is returning to Rosemary Beach, Nov. 8-9, celebrating the arts and the migration of the Monarch Butterfly along Scenic Highway 30A. Hosted by the Cultural Arts Alliance of Walton County (CAA), this year’s event will feature interactive adventures by the Seaside Repertory Theatre. The Flutterby Festival, which was named in celebration of the annual migration of the Monarch butterfly through the area, is a place for kids to flitter, offering an exciting and diverse array of activities in beautiful Rosemary Beach. This fall, family tradition is a perfect chance for residents and visitors to enjoy a fun-filled weekend outdoors in South Walton. The Flutterby Festival, sponsored by the Merchants of Rosemary Beach, will take place from 10:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m. both days.
Here are just a few “what to do’s” while visiting Destin, Panama City Beach and South Walton… not really in any particular order of faves to least, but we numbered them anyway.
1. Lunch at Bud and Ally’s in Seaside, Florida. Get a cocktail or a coke (your preference) and check out the views of the Ocean up top at the bar. We recommend the Ahi Tuna Salad here. Yum yum yum!
2. Grab a glass of wine at Sunset, a towel to sit on with your loved one, and gaze out over the ocean while the sun goes down. It’s beautiful!
3. Grab the kids, a pail, shovel and make a SANDCASTLE fit for a king or princess! Check out the new Sandcastle Lessons By Clicking Here.
4. Again with KIDS… Take them CRABBING! Crabbing at night on the beach with the family, a flashlight and pail, bare feet, and the sounds of the ocean. Check it out at what we caught!! (below) Yes, he was released ;0)
5. Drive to Grayton Beach and have a meal at the Red Bar. Local favorite, very lively crowd, very loud and eclectic fun place! Great food, usually limited parking available, but a MUST GO!
6. Check out Café Thirty A off of 30A Scenic Hwy in Seagrove Beach and enjoy the 2 for 1 meals between 5 and 6pm.
7. Head to Seaside and walk to the Shops of Ruskin (town center area). Great art can be found here!
8. Watch a flick out on the lawn in Seaside. (Seasonally aired and check out the events calendar)
9. Point out star constellations up in the night sky. If you’re on the beach the views of the starry lit nights is amazing!
10. On a rainy day… visit Ripley’s Believe It or Not in Panama City Beach or try the “Gyro Cycle” in Wonder Works.
11. Dinner time in Panama City Beach… We enjoy Salt Water Grill (the kids will like the enormous fish tank wall) or Captain Anderson’s -you can have an amazing dinner, delightful desert then walk along the dock with your family.
12. Frangista Beach community off of 30A in Miramar Beach is a beautiful spot to see, plus we have the perfect vacation home to stay in too.
13. Check out the Family Arcade, Trak and Mini-Golf Center in Destin.
14. Coming to Seacrest Beach in March around Easter Time? Enjoy the festivities of Rosemary Beach. Hunt for eggs and enjoy a brunch too! (Check out Rosemary Beach Calendar for Exact Details)
15. In Frangista Beach/Destin and hungry? Grab a lunch at ocean front Pompano Joe’s, walk the beach and let the kids run free!
As anticipation builds for bringing in the new year of 2014, there are many great events happening in both Panama City Beach and our Scenic 30A area of South Walton.
One of the biggest events of Panama City Beach happens right in the open-air, beachfront shopping destination of Pier Park, where thousands of visitors will commemorate the occasion with an evening of family friendly activities, and the annual beach ball drop! The festivities begin on New Year’s Eve at 5:30 p.m. and will feature a Family Celebration complete with prize drawings, stilt walkers, mascots and the kid-friendly Family Beach Ball Drop, consisting of more than 10,000 inflatable beach balls released onto Pier Park Drive on the boardwalk. This leads into the Midnight Celebration featuring live entertainment, fireworks and the New Year’s Eve Beach Ball Drop. This free annual event is known for its glowing 800-pound beach ball drop at midnight. Plus, this NYE the Southeast’s favorite party band, The Rupert’s Orchestra, will be a part of the New Year’s Eve celebration.
Excitement is building for the highly anticipated New Year’s Eve Beach Ball Drop on December 31, 2013 and we have beautiful condos and homes along the coast to place you and your family.
Available condos are below!
Shores Townhomes of Panama City Beach – 22519 Front Beach Road, Panama City Beach
Directly on the sand, large townhome that sleeps up to 6 (with pull out sleeper), 2 Bedrooms and the master king has a private balcony with seating. Patio out back with gulf front views of the ocean! See more here www.vrbo.com/438196
Edgewater Beach Resort – Beautiful 3 Bedroom Golf Villa!
Amazing, clean, upscale golf villa that includes all of the free amenities of its neighboring Edgewater Beach Resort and pools. View more here www.vrbo.com/412389
CALL 850-368-9282 and Book your NYE home or condo now!
6th Annual New Year’s Beach Ball Drop Date: 12/31/2013 Time: 5:30PM – 1:00AM
Ring in the New Year in true Panama City Beach style during the 6th Annual Pier Park Beach Ball Drop! Thousands are expected to gather on the Emerald Coast to welcome 2014 with an evening of live entertainment, fireworks displays, giveaways and more. Attendees will enjoy two ball drops, including a Family Beach Ball Drop consisting of more than 10,000 inflatable beach balls released onto Pier Park’s boardwalk earlier in the evening, followed by the traditional midnight ball drop with an 800 pound lighted beach ball descending nearly 100 feet.
If you’re in need of some inspiration for a winter holiday vacation, look no further… we’ve got a couple of top picks and everyone saves with Oceanside Beach Rentals, up to 25% on any listing. Our top pick is the location of Seacrest Beach, off of 30A and next to beautiful Rosemary Beach and Alys Beach.
Event Happenings of Winter 2013
* Cottages for Kids at Rosemary Beach is a fun fundraising event that will benefit Children’s Volunteer Health Network, a faith based non-profit organization. With craftsmanship and imagination, builders and architects came together to construct fairy-tale whimsical cottages for the kids! The Cottages are in a fenced in area on the East Long Green in Rosemary Beach, FL. The gates are open every Sat and Sun, Nov 9 – 30, and on Thanksgiving Day for visitors to enjoy the Cottages. Free event, with donations for CVHN accepted. There will be a raffle and an online auction with winners posted after the event.
* Don’t miss Grand Boulevard‘s fourth annual “Festival of Trees” which will showcase more than a dozen uniquely decorated Christmas trees from area non-profit organizations. Takes place November 26, 2013 from 4:30pm – 6:00pm. Location: Grand Boulevard Sandestin.
* Tree Lighting and Merchant Open Houses in Rosemary Beach, starting November 29, 2013 at 6:00pm. Start off with the annual tree lighting at 6pm sharp at the South Barrett Square location. Don’t miss the fun of the “Turn on The Town” festivities to welcome in the holiday season. Enjoy Santa’s arrival, caroling, and carriage rides! Immediately following the tree lighting will be Merchant Open Houses and shopping with refreshments!
* November 30, 2013, Explore Santa’s Magical Workshop for a morning that the kids will never forget! Location is Town Hall at 8-10am and enjoy a continental bagged breakfast, a professional photo with Santa and even a goodie bag. Tickets are available at the door. Don’t forget to stop and shop at the Holiday Market from 9am-5pm out on the Town Center Lawn.
When wanting to be close to the seasonal holiday action of South Walton during the Winter time, look no further than Oceanside Beach Rentals of South Walton and Panama City Beach.
Destin gets into the holiday spirit with snow & ice! For those who visit this holiday season and miss the cold and ice, the ice skating rink at The Village of Baytowne Wharf is the perfect opportunity to get into the winter spirit. The seasonal ice skating rink has become a local holiday favorite. For $10 guests can skate for an hour and a half. Skate rental is available for $2. The first hour of each day is reserved for “kids skate” for youths 12 and under. The Ice Rink is available for private functions. For more information visit www.sandestin.com/events.
Festival Of Trees
November 20, 2012 at 5pm-Dec 25, 2012 at 9pm Christmas tree decorating contest with more than a dozen trees festively and wonderfully decorated for the Holiday Season. Area non-profits compete for prizes such as “Best of Show” and “People’s Choice Awards.” The free kick off takes place on Tuesday, November 20th at 5pm when the trees light up with the sounds of Christmas cheer in the background. The public is invited to this event. Photos with Santa Claus every Saturday from 2pm-4pm. Photos will be provided while you wait and you may use your own camera. Call for more information: 850-337-3099
On December 9th at 1:30pm the “Elves” will ride again at the 5th Annual South Walton Elf Ride! Seaside Post Office is where the ride will start, then we will proceed to the Watercolor Fire Station where the party will be including pizza, drinks, snacks, Santa, best decorated bike contest, and face-painting. Don’t forget to bring a gift to benefit the South Walton Fire District Angel Tree! If you’d like more information about this event please call (850) 502-0017.
Dec 31, 2012 at 7pm Spend the end of 2012 with your closest friends and neighbors. Live music, Street Performers, and an explosive fireworks show to welcome 2013! Seaside sets the tone for an amazing New Year!
Santa Rosa Beach
Shortly before Christmas, Wesley House at Eden Gardens State Park is open to the public for free tours to show off its Holiday finery throughout, provided by The Friends of Eden. All the windows bear boughs of holly and wreaths, each of the rooms is decorated for the season, most with gorgeous trees alight with hundreds of tiny bulbs, and outside the walks are lined with candlelit luminaria. Ladies and gentlemen in period dress are “at home” in the house to guide you through each room. A grand testimonial to the loving labor of The Friends. Come and help us decorate.
Join in on the fun when Rosemary Beach presents “Uncorked Rosemary” from 1-5pm this October 20, 2012. You’re in for a truly unique open-air event filled with wine and food. Stroll along cobblestone streets and explore the diverse culinary styles of nine Rosemary Beach restaurants. Each location will offer signature dishes paired with boutique wines for a very special taste of Rosemary. Tickets start at $75.
TIM JACKSON presents “Easy on 30A” on Monday, July 2nd from 5:30-8:30pm. Enjoy music by Tim Jackson, Jake Myers, Geoff McBride, Matt Lovell, The Fish House Band, Greg Torres, Mandy Cook and Ike Bartley! Bring your chairs or blankets for seating in WaterColor’s Marina Park Amphitheatre! There will be a cash bar available. 30A.com is a proud sponsor of this free outdoor concert.
November is alive in Seaside with its 22nd Annual Seeing Red Wine Festival. The little charming town is a hot spot during November 1,2,3 and 4th, as it host’s one of the area’s most sought after Fall gala’s with each year being a sold out event. Everyone in attendance can enjoy the festivities and get a taste of all that Seaside has to offer from delightful nibbles to satisfy even the most picky palates to the southern hospitality flare. Fine dining and an over abundance of red wine as far as the eyes can see. Seaside offers an extensive array of tasting tents with wines sampled from around the world and with Seaside being the host site for the retail wine tent, you are just steps away from purchasing your favorites to take home. We hope to see you here soon!